Pmw.Balloon under Windows

Aki Niimura akineko at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 17 14:28:15 EST 2005

Eric Brunel wrote:

> One question: what Python do you use? Is it a regular Windows Python
> distribution or the Python delivered with Cygwin? I know by
experience
> that the Python in Cygwin has quite a lot of problems (mine crashes
*very*
> often). If you don't already use a "regular" Windows distro, I think
using
> one may solve your problem.

Yes, I noticed the difference. I'm using the Python 2.3.5 installed on
Windows.
(Pmw 1.2)

> I think the default binding for the 'X' button is to call destroy,
not quit.
> Calling destroy on the main window is almost equivalent to calling
quit, so
> maybe it can be a solution?

I have tried calling root.destroy() as you suggested. It worked.
My application is now not generating the error message.
Thank you for your suggestion.

> Not that I know of. The event_generate method won't help here, ...

Good to know that.

I think Window is a different beast as it doesn't have a window
manager.

Thank you,
Aki Niimura