recommended way of generating HTML from Python

has has.temp2 at virgin.net
Sun Feb 20 20:32:39 EST 2005

xtian wrote:
> Stan (part of nevow, which is part of twisted) is a nice python
syntax
> for building HTML
[...]
> I don't know how detachable it is from the rest of nevow. I'd assume
it
> wouldn't be too difficult to implement in a standalone fashion.

FWIW I whipped up a simple self-contained Stan clone a while back:

http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/stanlite.py

It's a bit quick-n-dirty - I think ideally you'd want it to parse all
the HTML element information from a DTD and perform proper validation
of input data - but if anyone want to pick it up and run with it, or
just use it as-is, they're more than welcome to.

HTH

has