Performance Issues of MySQL with Python

Thomas Bartkus tom at dtsam.com
Wed Feb 9 10:14:13 EST 2005

"sandy" <sandeep.sandy at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1107954472.246556.258030 at g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi All,
>
> I am a newbie to MySQL and Python. At the first place, I would like to
> know what are the general performance issues (if any) of using MySQL
> with Python.
>
> By performance, I wanted to know how will the speed be, what is the
> memory overhead involved, etc during database specific operations
> (retrieval, update, insert, etc) when MySQL is used with Python.
>
> Any solutions to overcome these issues (again, if any)?

There are no "general performance issues" with respect to "using MySQL with
Python".

The use of Python as a programming front end does not impact the performance
of whatever database server you might select.  The choice of MySQL as your
database server does not impact the effectiveness of whatever front end
programming language you select. The 2 functions, database server and
programming language, do not interact in ways that raise unique performance
issues.

You can choose each one without worrying about the other. They two quite
separate design choices.

Thomas Bartkus