PyINI : Cross-Platform INI parser

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 04:58:51 EST 2005

Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> SeSe wrote:
>
> > hi, every one,
> >
> > I started a opensource project PyINI for corss-platform *.ini
parsing
> > at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyini/
> >
> > I have released a simple alpha version, which can read *.ini, with
> > some extended features such as "key=value1,value2,value3". I also
> > made a c++ binding to PyINI with elmer toolkit.
>

> The most useful feature would be to be able to write INI files back
without
> affecting their formatting, without removing user commands, etc. This
is what
> Windows APIs do, and it is what I am missing from most INI parsing
libraries
> out there.
> --
> Giovanni Bajo

ConfigObj easily writes back, files but doesn't *yet* support the full
'ini' file spec (empty values and split lines it doesn't yet support).
These are targetted for next release.

What aspects of formatting do you want to keep, and I'll try and
include them ?

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/configobj.html

Regards,

Fuzzy