Insane import behaviour and regrtest.py: heeelp

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sun Feb 6 19:52:14 EST 2005

Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> writes:

> [John J. Lee]
> > I'm still puzzled, though.  Reading the -vv output, I see that when
[...]
> > Lib[0]$ pwd
> > /hda/usr/local/buf/python/python/dist/src/Lib
>
> That doesn't look to be the same thing as the
>
>     /usr/local/src/python/python/dist/src/Lib
>
> you're asking about, right?
[...]

Ah: somehow managed to look straight through that, so used am I to the
presence of these symlinks:

Lib[0]$ ls -l /usr/local/src
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           19 Sep  4 13:45 /usr/local/src -> /hda/usr/local/src//
Lib[0]$ ls -l /hda/usr/local/src/python
lrwxr-xr-x    1 john     oldjohn        25 Sep 11 13:21 /hda/usr/local/src/python -> /hda/usr/local/buf/python/

The twisty mess of symlinks and owners is down to a couple of OS and
hard disk changes.

I don't immediately see why at 1am, but I guess that's the problem
(that, and trying to understand import details at 1am...).

Thanks!

John