Python-libnjb on macosx

Timothy Grant timothy.grant at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 14:28:27 EST 2005

I was working on some things that use Glenn Strong's excellent libnjb
wrapper on my Linux box. I have since bought a PowerBook and have been
trying to get everything working correctly under OS/X.

This morning I got Python-libnjb to build without errors using the
following command:

ld -dynamic -dylib -L/sw/lib -L/sw/lib/python2.3/config njb_c_wrap.o
-o _njb_c.dylib -lpython2.3 -lnjb -lSystem -framework IOKit -ldylib1.o

However, when I try and import NJB.py I get the following:

(timothygrant at bastard%) pythonw NJB.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "NJB.py", line 2, in ?
    import njb_c, sys, os, os.path, stat
  File "/Users/timothygrant/src/Python-libnjb/njb_c.py", line 5, in ?
    import _njb_c
ImportError: Inappropriate file type for dynamic loading

I'm guessing this means that while I got the library to build, I
didn't get it to build correctly. However, I'm enough of an OS/X
neophyte that I don't know which direction to turn.

Any suggestions?

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.