gui scripting

Tonino tonino.greco at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 06:51:21 EST 2005

HI,

I have a 2 phase question:

Phase 1 is I am needing to automate a report generation from a
proprietary product.  Currently a person sits and input's the data into
a GUI frontend and clicks's the appropriate buttons to start the report
generation.  What I am wanting todo is automate this, but since the GUI
is from a proprietary product all I have is the GUI.

This is done on a Linux Xfree server.  Can anyone please point me in a
direction to a pythonic gui scripting module ?
Python is the best tool and we use it elsewhere - so it is the best
option.

Second phase will have this done on a Windows platform... but that is
second priority ...

Thanks