Building Python with Tcl/Tk on Cygwin_NT-5.1

Dean N. Williams williams13 at llnl.gov
Tue Feb 1 05:31:03 EST 2005

Dear Python Community,

   I am trying to build Python with Tcl/Tk under the Cygwin_NT-5.1 OS.
Has anyone done this? Do I need to build tcl8.4.9 and tk8.4.9 under the
unix directory or the win directory. I found that the Tcl/Tk unix
directories compiled just fine and built the libtcl8.4.a and libtk8.4.a
libraries for use. But I don't think that Python is looking for this. If
you've built Python with Tcl/Tck, is it possible for you to send me
instructions on how you did it? Thanks in advance...

Best regards,
   Dean