Popularizing SimpleHTTPServer and CGIHTTPServer

Jorey Bump devnull at joreybump.com
Thu Feb 3 09:22:39 EST 2005

"Michele Simionato" <michele.simionato at gmail.com> wrote in
news:1107412654.121488.157070 at c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Just submitted a recipe with this goal in mind:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/365606

You may want to warn people that if they run those commands in their home
directory, they will instantly share all of their data with anyone that can
access the machine. Because the server runs as the user, it will have
permission to serve all of the files in the directory. I'd recommend that
they cd into a directory created specifically for the purpose of testing.

Does anyone know how to use SimpleHTTPServer to:

1. Support virtual hosts?

2. Support SSL?

I'd like to use SimpleHTTPServer to create some simple reporting utilities,
but can't get past these two points. Is there a NotSoSimpleHTTPServer?