getting data from a port in use

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Feb 1 22:33:14 EST 2005

>>> I am trying to use Python to get the data received at a
>>> specific port (in use) on my computer. I already tried below
>>> code which seems to hang at the statement accepting
>>> connections.
>
> Yes. It hangs at accept. I always end up doing end task
> because it never passes the "accept" statement.

What do you get from wherever you are trying to connect to the port (e.g.
telnet).  Does it connect, or fail to connect?

Note that (as others have said) if you are trying to intercept data from an
existing socket connection, this is not the way to do it.  (This will let
you use a port that another process has already claimed, and accept new
connections to it).

=Tony.Meyer