Need help running external program

Pink pink at odahoda.de
Sun Feb 27 15:26:57 EST 2005

Rigga wrote:
>> No, the r was the point - it's there to tell Python not to do any
>> escaping on the string. Try it again with the r and see what happens.
>>
> Brilliant!!!  that works a treat thankyou!!, where on earth did you find
> out
> about the 'r'  any pointers to documentation appreciated.
This is a pretty common problem when working with regular expression (which
usually contain many backslashes) - that's where I saw this syntax for the
first time (e.g. http://docs.python.org/lib/match-objects.html).
The official reference for string literals is here:
http://docs.python.org/ref/strings.html

c ya