Commerical graphing packages?

Vincent Wehren vincent at visualtrans.de
Sat Feb 12 03:51:27 EST 2005

Erik Johnson wrote:
>     I am aware of ChartDirector (http://www.advsofteng.com/ ) which
> explicitly supports python and seems to be about the right level of
> sophistication. I don't really know of any other packages in this space, do
> you? I am seeking feedback and reccomendations from people who have used
> this package or similar ones. I am particularly interested to hear about any
> limitations or problems you ran into with whatever package you are using.

We use both the Python and C++ bindings of ChartDirector (although their
license always spans /all/ supported bindings. It's all pretty
straight-forward, well-documented, and the license fee is a bargain
compared to other packages we've used in the past. What it is not
suitable for is maybe allowing for 3d-views of data cubes - changeable
on the fly.

--
Vincent Wehren