lambda and for that matter goto not forgetting sugar

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Fri Feb 11 04:22:35 EST 2005

[Christos]
> *Three* requests --check the thread "goto, cls, wait  commands".

I saw that too, and was too freaked out to respond.

> BTW, my sincere congratulations for what I presume best computer related April's
> Fool joke of all time; I love double-bluffs.  The worst of all is I've often
> referenced your joke when advocating python... :)

Thanks!  I think the fact that it was possible at all is a *genuine*
advert for Python's power and flexibility.  (Though modifying Python
itself in order to make the joke possible was quite a lot of work:
http://sf.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=305470&aid=643835&group_id=5470
8-)

[John]
> from goto.py ( http://entrian.com/goto/ ):
> .        # Label: "label .x"  XXX Computed labels.
>
> :-)

Yay!  I've been waiting nearly a year for someone to spot that.  8-)

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com