more os.walk() issues... probably user error

rbt rbt at athop1.ath.vt.edu
Wed Feb 16 11:08:11 EST 2005

This function is intended to remove unwanted files and dirs from
os.walk(). It will return correctly *IF* I leave the 'for fs in
fs_objects' statement out (basically leave out the entire purpose of the
function).

It's odd, when the program goes into that statment... even when only a
'pass', and nothing else is present, nothing is returned. Why is that?
I'm testing Python 2.4 on Linux x86 and WinXP. Results are the same on
either platform.

     def build_clean_list(self, path):

         file_skip_list = ['search_results.txt']
         dir_skip_list = ['dev', 'proc', 'Temporary Internet Files']

         fs_objects = os.walk(path, topdown=True)
##      for fs in fs_objects:
##
##            for f in fs[2]:
##                if f in file_skip_list:
##                    print f
##                    fs[2].remove(f)
##
##            for d in fs[1]:
##                if d in dir_skip_list:
##                    print d
##                    fs[1].remove(d)

         return fs_objects