Confused with methods

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Tue Feb 8 17:19:27 EST 2005

> No python is not consistent and your continuous repetion doesn't
> make it so. To illustrate, here the following code:
>
> class A:
>   l = []
>   def f(): pass
>
> a = A()
> print a.l is A.l
> print a.f is A.f
>
> which produces:
>
> True
> False

Thats only inconsistent from your POV because you refuse to accept that the
scope of a function definition does matter. And as usual its a topic of
totally unrelevant practical impact and an expression of your strangely
deeprooted desire to nitpick at such unrelevant details.

Why don't you pick something that really bothers people and see if your
skills (that I'm sure exist) can be of use there?

--

Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch