variable declaration

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Tue Feb 1 04:55:00 EST 2005

"Michael Tobis" <mt at 3planes.com> writes:

> In fact, I'd recommend a paragraph early in the Nutshell book saying
> "there are no declarations, no use strict, no implicit none, sorry,
> forget it",

It would have to be a pretty long paragraph, if it were to list all
the things that you do NOT find in Python.

> and an index listing under "declarations" pointing to a detailed
> exegesis of their nonexistence.

Think about this. You are either asking that the book's author
anticipate your personal expectations, and write the book to cater for
YOUR PERSONAL expectiations ... or you are asking for a book with an
inifititely long index. The list of things absent from Python is
infinite.

> It would have saved me some time.

You don't want a book, you want a personal tutor.