Dealing with config files what's the options

Tom Willis tom.willis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 20:38:28 EST 2005

How are the expert pythoneers dealing with config files?

Is there anything similair to .net's config files or java's .properties?

A quick search on google didn't return anything that looked useful,
and I almost would expect to see some module that would be for dealing
with config information.

I can think of at least one way to do it, but I'm sure there are
shortcomings I can't see yet, and I'd rather use something someone
smarter than me has written.

I see in the logging module that there's stuff to handle configs but
seems kind of odd to have to import logging to get your config
information

Any ideas?

have I used the word config enough in this message? :)

--
Thomas G. Willis
http://paperbackmusic.net