[EVALUATION] - E02 - ULTIMATE RECIPE TO RESOLVE ALL ISSUES

Stephen Kellett snail at objmedia.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 17 15:32:46 EST 2005

In message <pan.2005.02.17.14.55.29.665531 at jerf.org>, Jeremy Bowers
<jerf at jerf.org> writes
>course he'd still have to read docs and learn how to use it.

Yeah - one guy in c.l.ruby wrote a reply that must have taken minimum 30
minutes. Really detailed. Lots of people thanked him for it. Ilias
dissed the whole post with "I have not read it, it is not on topic".

>Moderately on topic (not Python, but programming at least): The other day
>I was talking to someone and I commented on how odd it is to write a
>library, and *still* have to learn how to use it correctly. As the
>author, at least I can change it as I learn more, but even so, I have to
>learn how to use it; even as the author I am not imbued magically with
>expert status.

Indeed. I often find myself going back to a library I wrote some time
ago which I haven't had to interact with and then looking for the
existing code that interacts with the library to see how best to use it.
I think its a bit like going back to a book after a few years. Its worth
returning because you will have forgotten some of what was so good first
time around.

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett