Iteration over two sequences

Fri Feb 11 17:24:46 EST 2005

David Isaac wrote:
> "Scott David Daniels" <Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org> wrote in message
> news:41e58244$1 at nntp0.pdx.net:
>
>>Numarray is the future, Numeric is the "past",
>
> This statement is not obviously true.  See the recent discussion on the
> developer lists. (Search for Numeric3.)
> Alan Isaac

I stand corrected.  Sorry to have conveyed a mis-impression that I have
held for a while.  It was my understanding that the Numeric code was so
hard to maintain that our fearless leader would never let it in the
codebase.  Hence, Numarray was born.  A quick look through some of the
Numeric3 messages leaves me with the impression that Numeric3 will be
more of a rebirth than a small change.  I have used Numeric for several
big projects (that died for commercial, rather than technical, reasons),
and have certainly appreciated it.  The thrust of my comment holds,
however, "learning both is not much harder than learning one."

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org