MatPlotLib.MatLab troubles (how to install/run matplotlib.PyLab?)

Dr. Colombes DrColombes at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 19:56:54 EST 2005

On my home laptop computer, I'm trying to install the appropriate
modules so that  Python version 2.3.3 and IDLE version 1.0.2 (with an
"import matplotlib.matlab" statement) can produce nice MatLab-like
plots.

I have a matplotlib.matlab-capable Python set-up running OK on my
office desktop, which I obtained after downloading and installing a few
more modules (numarray and numeric, I think).

Now I get the following message about matplotlib.matlab being
deprecated:

matplotlib.matlab deprecated, please import matplotlib.pylab or simply
pylab instead.  See http://matplotlib.sf.net/matplotlib_to_pylab.py
for a script which explains this change and will automatically convert
your python scripts that use matplotlib.matlab.  This change was made
because we were concerned about trademark infringement on The
Mathwork's trademark of matlab.

Unfortunately, the above URL does not exist.

Thanks for suggestions, any help you can offer.