How can I Fill in web form and post back

Joe Francia gmane-schpam at joefrancia.com
Wed Feb 16 15:40:31 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:05:35 GMT, Rigga <rigga at hasnomail.com> wrote:

> Joe Francia wrote:
>
>> Rigga wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am looking for the best way to use Python to get a web page, look for
>>> some particular fields on a form, fill in the fields and submit the
>>> form
>>> but I have no idea where to start - any pointers appreciated
>>>
>>> many thanks
>>>
>>> Rigga
>>
>> Here's a pretty good resource:
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=python+fill+web+forms
>>
> Thanks but I already checked there and didnt come up with much

Really?  The second link is for ClientForm, the description of which reads:

"ClientForm is a Python module for handling HTML forms on the client side,
useful for parsing HTML forms, filling them in and returning the completed
forms to the server."

That seems to exactly fulfil your requirements.  Are you sure you really
looked?

--
Soraia: http://www.soraia.com/