Trouble with the encoding of os.getcwd() in Korean Windows

Erik Bethke erikbethke at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 09:21:54 EST 2005

Hello All,

sorry for all the posts... I am *almost* there now...

okay I have this code:

import sys, os

      encoding = locale.getpreferredencoding()
      htmlpath = os.getcwd()
      htmlpath = htmlpath.decode( encoding )

  ..... write to the file .....
..... file is written fine, and can be opened by both FireFox and IE
and displays fine ...

      webbrowser.open( htmlpath.encode ( encoding ), True, True )

      the line above now works fine (fixed the ascii error)

     but *NOW* my problem is that FirefOX pops up a message box
complaining that the file does not exist, but it certainly does, it
just doesn't like what it is called...

Any ideas now?

Thanks,
-Erik