connecting to Sybase/MsSQL from python

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 03:21:22 EST 2005

[Ed Leafe]
| 	Has anyone ever used this product:
| http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/mssql/
|
| 	Any feedback, positive or negative?

I have, pretty much constantly, for the last three
years with no significant issues at all. I use it
on Win32 boxes, although I have had it running under
Linux -- don't remember how I got it to compile,
unfortunately.

Only slight issuettes are: it doesn't handle all the
datatypes (eg IMAGE and some others I don't remember);
as advertised, the callproc doesn't work on win32, but
it's easy enough for most purposes to do a

cursor.execute ("EXECUTE pr_...")

although you won't get a return code that way.

All in all, I'm a very happy customer. From time
to time I've dabbled with other ways of accessing
MSSQL - ADO, PyMSSQL, etc. but none has offered me
anything I couldn't get from the Object Craft module.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk