[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Sat Feb 19 11:54:59 EST 2005

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
>>[...] - (ungentle babbling after disrupting coherence of writings)
>
> And that from you.... *lol*

Of course.

I respect the "coherence of writings" of my conversation partners.

[If they are in-topic / in-context]

>>I mean, if the team does not manage at least the foundation of a
>>multi-target automated-build-process?
>
> Repeating nonsense doesn't increase it's validity. Python makes use of
[...] - (babbling, gentle links)

Thank you for the links.

They are irrelevant for me.

But other readers for sure will enjoy.

-

The automated-build-process-system should allow community-members to add
their targets into an special "incubation section", which does not in
any way affect the "main section" (which contains the official
production targets).

If an "incubation section" target proves over time as stable and
supported, it is moved to the "official-auto-build".

>>[targets need not to be supported directly by the python team. They
>>could be added/managed/maintained by community members]
>
> You already found the mingw-patch for building python. It is
> added/managed/maintained by community members.

This is a one-man-show, which does not invite to open collaboration
(feedback is requested to closed email):

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/98fa42dabff68db2

python [foundation, crew, dictator, ...] should engourage open
collaboration, should engourage _collaboration_.

> Just out of curiousity: How many python extensions are you planning to
> write?

I estimate 10 to 100, depending on abstractional capabilities of the
extension system.

> And how many lines of pure python code have you written in your life?

0 (zero).

.

--
http://lazaridis.com