Canonical way of dealing with null-separated lines?

Thu Feb 24 14:31:41 EST 2005

Douglas Alan wrote:
> In any case, as a suggestion to the whomever it is that arranges for
> stuff to be put into the standard library, there should be something
> like this there, so everyone doesn't have to reinvent the wheel (even
> if it's an easy wheel to reinvent) for something that any sysadmin
> (and many other users) would want to do on practically a daily basis.

The general model is that you produce a module, and if it gains a
audience to a stable interface, inclusion might be considered.  I'd
suggest you put up a recipe at ActiveState.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org