goto, cls, wait commands

jean-michel nospam at nospam.fr
Fri Feb 11 03:14:16 EST 2005

"BOOGIEMAN" <BOOGIEMANPN at YAHOO.COM> a écrit dans le message de
news:1ixbe7q69lob3.1npuu3z54gx8z.dlg at 40tude.net...
> I've just finished reading Python turtorial for non-programmers
> and I haven't found there anything about some usefull commands I used in
> QBasic. First of all, what's Python command equivalent to QBasic's "goto"
?
> Secondly, how do I clear screen (cls) from text and other content ?
> And last, how do I put program to wait certain amount of seconds ?
> If I remeber correctly I used to type "Wait 10" and QBasic waits
> 10 seconds before proceeding to next command.

Hi all,
I saw a lot of comments saying GOTO is not usefull, very bad, and we
should'nt use it because we don't need it.
I think that's true, but only if you *create* programs.
But if the goal is to provide some kind of converter to automatically take
an old application written with an old language (using GOTO), and generating
python code, it would certainly a great help to have this (unclean) feature
in native python.
Best regards
jm