User Security (Roles & Permissions)

Andreas Pauley andreasp+python at qbcon.com
Mon Feb 28 04:19:54 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm starting with a Point of Sale system (QT gui, MySQL db) and I'm
wondering if there are any user management/user security modules available
that can be reused independently of the specific system that you write.

I think something similar to the roles & permission scheme of Zope would
work, were I can assign certain functionality/permissions to a role, and
then assign each user a role.

I'd prefer not to fully jump into Zope just yet, because although it has
just about all the features you can think of, it is also fairly complex
(for me at least).

Regards,
Andreas