Next step after pychecker

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Feb 2 02:36:54 EST 2005

"Steven Bethard" <steven.bethard at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:Ctadnef2y-nixJ3fRVn-vQ at comcast.com...
 > So I assume the language spec is basically the grammar and the
> Language Reference docs[1]?

Yes.  The de facto governing syntax specification is the grammar file in
the source code from which the parser is generated.  I once read that it is
an ll(1) grammar; perhaps the file itself says.  The grammar snippets in
the Ref Manual are a humanized version, not constrained to be ll(1) but
intended to equivalent.  The text, of course, adds the semantic meat.  Any
discrepancy between that text and implementation behavior is a bug.  Such
usually get fixed fairly quickly after being reported.

Terry J. Reedy