Possible additions to the standard library? (WAS: About standard library improvement)

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Feb 4 02:34:45 EST 2005

Daniel Bickett wrote:

> [2] I'm currently unaware if _winreg is a c extension module or pure
> python, but I'm assuming it's C, so I don't know how possible it is to
> add pure python to it...

from the documentation:

    This module exposes a very low-level interface to the Windows registry;
    it is expected that in the future a new winreg module will be created
    offering a higher-level interface to the registry API.

your DeleteKeyAll operation would fit nicely in such an interface, but I'm not
sure it belongs in the low-level interface, and a higher-level interface consisting
of just one helper would seem a bit odd.    on the other hand, it's about time
someone wrote that "winreg" module... (hint).

</F>