timeit's environment

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Mon Dec 5 21:39:35 EST 2005

rurpy at yahoo.com wrote:
> Scott David Daniels wrote:
>> Perhaps you could write a paragraph or two that would have
>> informed you and send it to the destination mentioned on the
>> documentation page.
>
> Yes, but I was hoping to get some sense of how such
> a submission might be viewed prior to going through
> the work of doing it.

I assure you that if it does seem to ease the pain we'd love to
include it.  A newbie knows what's confusing about the intro parts.
Once you've been around a while, you no longer even read those
intro things, and so don't know where they suffer.  "It's to hard
for me to understand" is a content-free complaint that is too often
heard, but "if you said, 'In this instance be sure to ...' in paragraph
three ..." is a clear explanation of what is wrong and how it might be
fixed that will definitely be read.

--
-Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org