ANN: Dao Language v.0.9.6-beta is release!

gene tani gene.tani at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 13:47:53 EST 2005

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:
> In <1133696971.466976.213370 at f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, JohnBMudd
> wrote:
>
> > Python could take over the programming world except one of it's best
> > features (scope by indent) is a primary reason why it never will.  It's
> > not flexible enough.  A large percentage of programmers won't even try
> > the language.
>
> Their loss.  :-)
>
> > And nobody else sees the need for change?  Oh, except those who think
> > Tabs are evil and should no longer be allowed.
> >
> > How about (1) add some more flexibility for optional braces [...]
>
> Try this::
>
>   from __future__ import braces
>
> Ciao,
> 	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

My catalog of asymptotic threads  (i.e. once in a while somebody
*might* post something we haven't read before):

- why do tabs have syntax-significance
- why are there more python web app frameworks/ IDEs / GUI frameworks
than python keywords
- why don't you fix the official documentation?
- what's the best IDE / editor (actually, this discussion is still
worthwhile)

Jamie Zawinski would say: "there are python people, who, when
confronted with a problem, think "Aha, i'll post to c.l.python"  At
that point...