Which Python web framework is most like Ruby on Rails?

UrsusMaximus at gmail.com UrsusMaximus at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 19:53:46 EST 2005

On December 15, Alex Martelli wrote:

>Alternatively, counting Google hits:
>rails python django             112,000
>rails python subway              81,600
>rails python turbogears  32,000

>This isn't exactly "buzz", of course, but it's SOME measure of "critical
>mass" -- and with django about equal to subway+turbogears, it does not
>appear to show any emerging dominance.  A significant measure of "buzz"
>might be obtained by redoing the same search in, say, two weeks, and
>noticing the deltas...
>Alex

Hmm, on December 25, I re-did the numbers using google:

rails python django          138,000
rails python subway          66,000
rails python turbogears     46,000

Now, I coudln't resist doing it this way too:

python django                    360,000
python subway                   690,000
python turbogears              127,000

Unfortunately, no compelling trend emerges. This is the problem, I
think, no, trend, no clear winner (other than Rails;-)))

Python web frameworks, for the love of God, UNITE!!!!

Ron Stephens