Some errors when running code in diveintopython: (

iclinux at gmail.com iclinux at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 01:54:31 EST 2005

thanks all ! I've solved this problem:

Let me show my net environment first. My pc is in a local network, and
through a proxy server can  I reach the Internet, so I changed my
Internet Settings.

It seems that everything goes well, I can surf Internet, etc,  but what
a pity, I can't resolve a host's address by its name by gethostbyname()
in C Language; in python, socket.getaddrinfo() will fail.

So today, I installed MSFireWallClient which will connect to the ISA
server. and after that, everything works: )

Thanks again, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!