Pyrex on Darwin, gcc 3.3 optimization trouble

Will Ware will.ware at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 12:09:28 EST 2005

I am trying to build a Pyrex module on Mac OS X version 10.3.9 (don't
know which big cat that is). It already builds fine on Mandrake Linux
and Windows XP. I have one source file where gcc hangs if given an
optimization setting of -O2 or -O3, but a level of -O works fine.

Can anybody suggest an approach to debugging this? I'm comfortable on
Linux but I can't find my way out of a paper bag on a Mac.

Also, is there a Pyrex or distutils option for limiting the compiler
optimization level, ideally on a per-platform basis?

Thanks much
Will Ware