Problem with exchange mail server

Vinayakc vinayakchitre at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 03:54:17 EST 2005

Hi Team,

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I can give you fair idea what I am doing here

hdr = email.message_from_string( smtp_header_string )
tmpContentType = msg['Content-Type']
        del msg['Content-Type']
for key in hdr.keys():
       values = hdr.get_all(key)
             if values != None:
                   if key not in msg:
                            for value in values:
                                   msg.add_header(key,value)

I have header for the mail in smtp_header_string.
I want to generate RFC2822 file by using this.

I found out solution for this. Header for which I am geeting failure
has one line which is not valid header line. So by using following
regular expression

headerRE = re.compile(r'^(From |[\041-\071\073-\176]{2,}:|[\t ])')

I parsed every line from header and if line doesn't satisfy this RE, I
just dropped that line from header and then I passed this header string
to email.message_from_string() function.
Rest all is same. It works fine now.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Thanks and Regards
Vinayakc