Need help on designing a project

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Wed Dec 7 03:55:03 EST 2005

Mardy wrote:
> This works, but my problem is that SQL connections (MySQL or sqlite) don't
> get closed when the script execution finishes, and at the next execution
> of a CGI they may lock the database (this is especially true with sqlite,
> but even mysql on Windows gave me these problems).

You should know that there is a severe performance penalty in
opening and closing database onnections. I actually did a
measurement on something similar yesterday, and with open/close
with each database operation, I got 50 operations per second.
If I only opened and closed once, I could manage 1000 operations
per second.

You might want to have a look at something like
http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/