One module cannot be found by the interpreter

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Dec 1 02:59:01 EST 2005

Anthony Liu wrote:

> I downloaded and built the python/c++ maxent package (
> http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0450736/maxent_toolkit.html
> ).
>
> I don't know what happened, the interpreter cannot
> find the cmaxent module, whereas cmaxent.py is right
> under the current directory.

> cmaxent module not found, fall back to python
> implementation.
> >>>

> Could you please kindly advise?

that's a message from the maxent package, and a two-second look
at the sources indicate that this message means that the cmaxent
module cannot be imported.

that's not necessarily the same thing as not being found.

what happens if you import cmaxint by hand?

have you built the C++ extensions?

what does the maxent test script say about your installation?

</F>