How to list currently defined classes, methods etc

Deep deepankar.sharma at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 14:42:13 EST 2005

I have been looking a bit and am stuck at this point.

Given a string, how do i find what is the string bound to.
Let me give an example.

def deep():
     print "Hello"

now inspect.ismethod(deep) returns true. (As it should).
But if I am trying to make a list of all bound methods), i use
dir(), which is a list of strings. I get the string "deep" from this
list.
How do I obtain the reference to the method it is bound to.
The same problem can be extended to attributes and classes.