WMI - invalid syntax error?

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 10:32:45 EST 2005

[py]
| Tim Golden wrote:
| > Could you just post (or send by private email if you prefer)
| > the exact script you're running? If you want to send it
| > privately, please us mail <at> timgolden.me.uk.
|
| I am truly unsure what the problem could be, and the fact that the
| error says "invalid syntax" ...just doesn't make much sense to me.
| Perhaps I could print out the moniker and see if that looks
| right...any
| suggestion on how to do that?
|
| Anyway I have this:

[.. snipped code ..]

OK, well just to confirm, I saved your code
as blah3.py, started an interpreter
(Python 2.4.2 on XP Pro) and did:

<interp>
from blah3 import *
blah3.ppn ()
</interp>

and all was well.

Which obviously doesn't help you at all.

Get version 0.6b for the moment (if you don't have
it - http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/downloads/wmi-0.6b.py).
Then set the _DEBUG flag to True. (v0.6 doesn't have this flag).

<code>
import wmi
wmi._DEBUG = True

c = wmi.WMI ()
# This will print a moniker looking something like this:
#
winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=Impersonate,authenticationLevel=Default}/ro
ot/cimv2
</code>

and let me know what comes out.

TJG