Documentation suggestions

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Dec 6 14:54:29 EST 2005

In article <mailman.1715.1133886680.18701.python-list at python.org>,
A.M. Kuchling <amk at amk.ca> wrote:

>There's another struggle within the LibRef: is it a reference or a
>tutorial?  Does it list methods in alphabetical order so you can look
>them up, or does it list them in a pedagogically useful order?  I
>think it has to be a reference; if each section were to be a tutorial,
>the manual would be huge.  Here I think the solution is to encourage
>separate tutorials and HOWTOs, and link to them from the LibRef.

Here's a question that kind of gets to the heart of a lot of the
problem: where does ``print`` get documented?  If we can come up with a
good process for answering that question, we can probably fix a lot of
other problems.  (Note emphasis on the word "process".)

"Don't listen to schmucks on USENET when making legal decisions.  Hire
yourself a competent schmuck."  --USENET schmuck (aka Robert Kern)