ANNOUNCE; Try python beta

Devan L devlai at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 20:43:30 EST 2005

Mike Meyer wrote:
> Ok, I've given it the interface I want, and made it less of an
> attractive nuisance.
>
> http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/try_python/ is now ready for people to
> play with. There's no tutorial information on it yet, that's the next
> thing to do. However, I won't be able to work on it for a while, so if
> you want to make suggestions about what that should look like, all
> such suggestions will be given proper consideration.

I was bored so I wrote some code that takes input one line at a time
and spits out the a tuple representing the state and a message to be
echoed. It handles statements on multiple lines, too. So it might be
helpful, since your tutorial doesn't  seem to handle multiple lines or
statements.

You can see it at <http://www.datamech.com/devan/bastille.txt>