Need eyes to look at code... time not having an attribute called asctime()

Harlin Seritt harlinseritt at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 5 14:29:11 EST 2005

from utilities import *
from extractor import *
import time
import os

print 'Running AgentPing at '+time.asctime()

confFile = '../conf/AgentPing/AgentPing.conf'
ex = extractor(confFile)

names = ex.array('name')
comments = ex.array('comment')
ips = ex.array('ip')
counts = ex.array('count')
thresholds = ex.array('threshold')
alarms = ex.array('alarm')
levels = ex.array('level')
records = ex.array('record')

plogger = Logger('../logs/AgentPing.log')

for name,comment,count,ip,threshold,alarm,level,record in
zip(names,comments,counts,ips,thresholds,alarms,levels,records):
	msg = 'AGENT INFORMATION: Pinging '+ip+' at '+time.asctime()
	print msg
	plogger.loggit(msg)
	line = 'ping -n '+count+' '+ip
	try:
		data = os.popen(line).readlines()
		time = data[-1].split()[-1][:-2]
	except:
		msg = 'AGENT FAILURE: Unable to run ping on '+ip+' for unknown
reason.'
		print msg
		msg += 'Error created at '+time.asctime()
		time = float(threshold)*2
		plogger.loggit(msg)
		createAlarm(name, comment, ip, threshold, level, msg)

Whenever I run this I get:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "agentPing.py", line 23, in ?
    msg = 'AGENT INFORMATION: Pinging '+ip+' at '+time.asctime()
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'asctime'
Press any key to exit

I'm sure this is something simple but for this I am having trouble
figuring it out.

Thanks,

Harlin Seritt