Guido at Google

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Thu Dec 22 08:08:02 EST 2005

In article <1135239900.225499.263300 at g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 <bonono at gmail.com> wrote:
 			.
>Well, this may be the CPython way of open source but I don't know if
>that is "Open source" in general. Another way is that if someone(or
>group) don't like the current state of a project, they fork. I don't
>know if that is possible in the context of python, and programming
>language in general. Can it still be called python ?
			.
			.
			.
While I don't understand the question, it might be pertinent to
observe that, among open-source development projects, Python is
unusual for the *large* number of "forks" or alternative imple-
mentations it has supported through the years <URL:
http://phaseit.net/claird/comp.lang.python/python_varieties.html >.