Bitching about the documentation...

Wed Dec 7 20:19:13 EST 2005

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 17:15:03 -0500, Mike Meyer wrote:

> "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:
>>> Er... no, I can't parse that. I suffered a Too Much Recursion error about
>>> the third Badger (I only have a limited runtime stack).
>
> I always loved the demonstration that English requires backtracking:
> "The old man the ship."

Linguists call that "garden path sentences", because they lead the
reader/listener up the garden path.

Here are some more examples:

The horse raced past the barn fell.

The man who hunts ducks out on weekends.

The cotton clothing is usually made of grows in Mississippi.

The prime number few.

Fat people eat accumulates.

The tycoon sold the offshore oil tracts for a lot of money wanted to kill
JR.

--
Steven.