an intriguing wifi http server mystery...please help

jojoba at gmail.com jojoba at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 12:37:30 EST 2005

Hello again everyone,

First, I want to thank all those who have contributed to the
unravelling of this server-slow-down mystery.
But unfortunately, either:

1) i have not made my point clear about what my question is
2) i do not understand the responses given

So, let me briefly reiterate what the mystery is.
(i am assuming that readers have read most of my first post above).
I have two computers and a server program (written in python).
Both computers are on my home lan (using a linksys wifi router).
HERE IS THE MYSTERY:
The server runs fast when one computer is the server, but slow when the
other computer is the server.
How can this be, given that this asymmetry does not exist when both
computers are wired.

Please let me know if you need any more information,
Thanks again to all who have been helping with this,
jojoba