Bad marshal data

Michael McGarry michael.mcgarry at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 13:28:35 EST 2005

Hi,

I am using the marshal module in python to save a data structure to a
file. It does not appear to be portable. The data is saved on a Linux
machine. Loading that same data on a Mac gives me the bad marshal data
message.

Is this data really not portable or I am doing something wrong here. I
thought the whole point of using Python and similar cross platform
scripting languages to write once run everywhere, does that not hold
for data too?

Marshal should save the data in a readable text format, but I guess it
does not.

Any help would be appreciated,

Michael