how to handle two forms in cgi?

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 11:01:42 EST 2005

lli at sos.state.tx.us wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Sure. You are right. When I correct this according to your idea, it
> works now. Thank you very much. But I have second problem. When users
> run second form, other people can see adress in users' browers and know
> how to run the second form, so they don't need to run login form. How I
> can handle this case? How I can let users run login form firstly, then
> they can run second form(search form)?
>
> By the way I use python to write cgi.

You can use logintools to add a user authentication framework to any
CGI with very little work.

This lets you control who is able to login (whether or not new users
can sign up and you have an interface to create/invite new users).

It will also prevent any script being run unless the user is logged in.
It uses cookeis for authentication and can be added to a standard CGI
with as little as two lines of code.

It is designed for exactly the problem you have.

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/logintools.html

All the best,

Fuzzyman