reddit.com rewritten in Python

Jay Parlar jparlar at cogeco.ca
Mon Dec 5 12:01:02 EST 2005

reddit.com, which was formerly implemented in LISP (and somewhat famous
for that fact) has just *relaunched* and is now written in Python!

They haven't given their reasons yet, but I'll certainly be interested
to see why.

Paul Graham's reaction should also be interesting, he said reddit.com
had replaced, for him, the process of checking any other news site.

On a side note, they are saying (in the faq) that they have done the
site in a framework called web.py, which I've personally not heard of.
But with the plethora of Python frameworks, I supposed it's pretty easy
to miss one or two, here or there.

Jay P.