Guido working on Pypy?

Vincent Wehren vincent at visualtrans.de
Fri Dec 30 16:36:11 EST 2005

"Andrew Durdin" <adurdin at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.2695.1135901349.18701.python-list at python.org...
On 29 Dec 2005 04:12:53 -0800, Luis M. González <luismgz at gmail.com> wrote:

|> According to this blog entry, it says that Guido has been hired by
|> Google to work on Pypy:
|> http://zephyrfalcon.org/weblog2/arch_e10_00870.html
|>
|> Is there anyone who can confirm this information?
|> Luis

|Or deny it:
|
|http://zephyrfalcon.org/weblog2/arch_e10_00870.html#e872
|
|Andrew

Well, apparently Guido himself did take the time to deny the claims
regarding PyPy made in this article.
http://www.computable.nl/nieuws.htm?id=1039941&WT.mc_id=rss#reacties (see
the section lower on the page).

For those unfamiliar with Dutch, his reaction translates into English as
follows:

"This is largely nonsense -- I indeed work for Google but I am not involved
in PyPy, and the same applies to Google. In addition, PyPy is not being
developed "on behalf of the EU" but is subsidized by the EU. See
http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/news.html for more info on PyPy."

Regards,

Vincent Wehren