OO in Python? ^^

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Sun Dec 11 18:10:49 EST 2005

Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> writes:
> Of course, the IT world is full of people writing code and not testing
> it, or at least not testing it correctly. That's why there are frequent
> updates or upgrades to software that break features that worked in the
> older version. That would be impossible in a test-driven methodology, at
> least impossible to do by accident.

That sentence is only true if your tests are bug-free. If not, it's
possible to make a change that introduces a bug that passes testing
because of a bug in the tests. Since tests are code, they're never
bug-free. I will agree that the frequency of upgrades/updates breaking
things means testing isn't being done properly.

       <mike